Child Photo Session
Child Photo Session
On location photo sessions including up to three children*. As a mother of three myself, I know all too well how quickly children grow, this session is a perfect way to preserve those fleeting moments of childhood. This session usually lasts an hour.
All Prints, Photo Packages, and Products sold separately. Click here for pricing info.
WHAT TO EXPECT
WHAT TO WEAR
- Coordinate with each other. But don't match. Siblings should wear tones that are similar and go well together but don't put them in all the same thing (ex. avoid all white shirts and jeans).
- Dress to impress. Remember you will be preserving this time in your child's life for a long time. It is worth the effort! So go the extra mile and dress your kids up a bit.
- Keep it simple and lean towards neutrals. Stick with solids, different textures, stripes, plaids, etc. Avoid neons, logos and loud prints.
- Pick one favorite piece (dress, shirt, sweater, etc.) and then work off that piece.
- Email me with any concerns or if you need some wardrobe advise. I am happy to assist!
PREPARING YOUR CHILDREN
- Well fed. Feed your children before our session. BRING SNACKS and water. We will have snack breaks throughout our session as needed.
- Don't be afraid to carry a pack of gum or their favorite bite sized hard candy to keep their spirits up. A little sweet can do wonders for some kids.
- RELAX. Know that your children will be in good hands. I have done over 200 photo sessions and have worked with many different families. Every child and family is different and unique and beautiful. We will get the shots that we need and have a lot of fun in the process.
- RELAX! Did I already say this?? It is important because your child/children are so well connected to you that they know when you are stressed, and stressed out parents equals stressed out kids!
PREPARING YOUR HOME
(If booking an In-home Session)
- For most, the thought of bathing and dressing one or multiple children, for an appointed time is daunting enough, but then throw in the idea that the house needs to be clean, too? I get it. I am a mom of three and know how quickly a home can turn upside down! Try to focus on 1-3 rooms or areas of the house to tidy but not so spick and span that your kids no longer recognize it as home. The important thing is not to stress. I won’t judge the bulging closet or the avalanche of toys hidden in the corner.