Halley Ann Photography - Premier Bergen County Family Photographer
Your Upcoming Family Photo Session is around the corner!
WHAT TO EXPECT
WHAT TO WEAR
- Coordinate with each other. But don't match. Wear tones that are similar and go well together but don't dress in all the same thing (ex. avoid everyone in white shirts and jeans).
- Dress to impress. Remember you will be preserving this time in your family's life for a long time. It is worth the effort! So go the extra mile and dress up a bit.
- Accessorize. Create some interest with layers (vests, cardigans, scarves, hat, boots, wool button up coat, etc.)
- Keep it simple and lean towards neutrals. Stick with solids, different textures, stripes, plaids, etc. Avoid neons, logos and loud prints.
- Pick one favorite piece (dress, shirt, sweater, etc.) and then work off that piece for everyone else.
- Email me with any concerns or if you need some wardrobe advise. I am happy to assist!
PREPARING YOUR CHILDREN
- Well fed. Feed your children before our session. BRING SNACKS and water. We will have snack breaks throughout our session as needed.
- Don't be afraid to carry a pack of gum or their favorite bite sized hard candy to keep their spirits up. A little sweet can do wonders for some kids.
- RELAX. Know that your children will be in good hands. I have done over 200 photo sessions and have worked with many different families. Every child and family is different and unique and beautiful. We will get the shots that we need and have a lot of fun in the process.
- RELAX! Did I already say this?? It is important because your child/children are so well connected to you that they know when you are stressed, and stressed out parents equals stressed out kids!
PREPARING YOUR HOME
(If booking an In-home Session)
- For most, the thought of bathing and dressing multiple children, for an appointed time is daunting enough, but then throw in the idea that the house needs to be clean, too? I get it. I am a mom of three and know how quickly a home can turn upside down! Try to focus on 1-3 rooms or areas of the house to tidy but not so spick and span that your kids no longer recognize it as home. The important thing is not to stress. I won’t judge the bulging closet or the avalanche of toys hidden in the corner.
Model Release Form
Pre-family Photo Session Questionnaire
In order for your upcoming Family Photo Session to go smoothly, I like to get to know my clients a little before each session. This will not only give you a chance to have any questions you might have answered but will help me get to know you and your family too! There is no right answer, and you don't have to answer all the questions, it is just a fun way to get to know each other beforehand, so have fun with it!
Please click the button below to fill out the questionnaire below!
Like what you see and want to book a family Photo Session of your own?
Click here to contact me for more details or fill out the form below!